Saturday, May 17, 2014

Trading in the District for the Kingdom

When people ask me how long we’ll be in the DC area, my answer has always been two, maybe 5 years? I’m sure I’ve talked about it before, but we really only know one year in advance (if we’re lucky and get our assignment at the beginning of the bid cycle) where we’ll be spending the next few years, and with overseas assignments being hard to come by in my husbands line of work, it’s often likely that you’ll have to spend a few consecutive tours in the states. Unless, UNLESS you bid off cycle and by some miracle get lucky and nab an assignment off of something called the NOW list. It’s because of that list that I can say with certainty that we will only be in DC for a few more months (leaving so soon?!) because we are moving  to:

SAUDI ARABIA!!


Riyadh to be precise. Some of you may think I’m a little nuts when I say we’ve been trying to get to Saudi Arabia since we first started bidding on our future homes, but we have, so when my husband saw it on the aforementioned NOW list, he knew he had to at least give it a shot, and by some miracle, he got the job! We still have to iron out all the details, but we will likely be leaving sometime around August – September. We are so stoked!

7 comments:

Alex said...

Many congrats!

Sadie said...

Congrats! My first tour was Jeddah, and I enjoyed it there. I think KSA is a great place for families with young kids, so it'll be perfect for you! Very kid-friendly.

Laura said...

Holy crap. I do think you are crazy. If you come to SL before you leave, text me to do some lunch again. I need you to assure me that this is not so crazy.

k @ oh the many places! said...

Excited for y'all! And so quick! Let the packing begin!

Brooke S. said...

So exciting!! Can't wait wait for you to join us here on the surface of the sun, I mean, the Arabian peninsula :)

erica s said...

Excited for you guys but sad you are leaving us…again!

Nomads By Nature said...

Congratulations!